Emerge America and the Emerge affiliates share one mission: To increase the number of Democratic women leaders from diverse backgrounds in public office through recruitment, training and providing a powerful network. Our vision: To change the face of power, politics and leadership in this country in order to have policies that are responsive to all.
As the national umbrella organization, Emerge America’s role is to:
- Elevate the importance of electing more Democratic women at every level of the ballot;
- Empower our current alumnae and affiliates with support and capacity-building;
- Expand our impact by replicating our success in new states.
Emerge America is seeking a person with high energy, ability to multi-task and incredible attention to detail to assist with our mission. This position contains both high level and low-level tasks and requires a sense of humor, absolute professionalism and a high “good sport” quotient. Reporting directly to the Operations Director, all of the duties described below will contribute to our mission in an essential way.
- Act as office facilities manager, including creating/maintaining a lean inventory list, effectively manage relationships with vendors, professional services providers and building management and identify opportunities to improve internal systems and processes to support the ﬁnancial health of the organization;
- Assist the Operations Director with basic accounting tasks, such as tracking the documentation and submittal of deposits, reimbursements, receipts and payments;
- Support the team with the use of our expense tracking software, Nexonia;
- Create and follow up on invoices as needed;
- Manage office supplies and create ordering process;
- Manage the organization’s applicant database and job advertising;
- Open and prioritize mail;
- Answer main Emerge telephone;
- Support maintenance of computer filing systems;
- Contribute to the success of the organization by supporting key projects with superior level administrative support;
- Support the team by performing a variety of tasks, including complex and confidential administrative, analytic and research duties;
- Other tasks as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Enthusiasm for the advancement of Democratic women in politics;
- Proven track record of excellent follow-through and accountability;
- Outstanding organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and keep track of multiple projects;
- Ability to create and maintain friendly and professional relationships with staff, key stakeholders and donors;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to think creatively and work independently;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent web and technology skills and comfort trouble-shooting with technology;
- Comfortable learning new technical/computer skills as they arise.
Preferred but not required:
- A minimum of one year of full time work experience in an office;
- Experience working in non-profit development;
- Experience working on a campaign;
- Experience with NGP.
JOB SCHEDULE AND LOCATION
The Operations Coordinator will work in the Emerge America offices from 9-5:30, Monday through Friday. Some evening and weekends will be required for fundraising events, with travel 1-2 times per year. This is not a position that allows for telecommuting. The Emerge America office is located in downtown San Francisco and is very accessible by public transportation.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Entry-level salary plus benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please use this form to apply and submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, include a description of how your background aligns with this position and an explanation of your interest in women in politics.
Emerge America will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. NO CALLS PLEASE.
Emerge America is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.