Emerge is seeking a motivated fundraising professional well versed in non-profit development work, donor-centric fundraising and meeting goals and deadlines. This person will contribute to our mission in an essential way. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is willing to learn on the job and stick with a project from beginning to end regardless of roadblocks. If you are passionate about getting Democratic women elected up and down the ballot and helping to raise the crucial funds to support that mission, then this is the job for you.
The Development Manager is a regular full-time remote position that reports to the Development Director. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Emerge is changing the face of politics to create an inclusive democracy. We are the nation’s premier organization that recruits, trains, and provides a powerful network to Democratic women who want to run for office. Since 2002, Emerge has trained 5,000 Democratic women to run for office and there are more than 1,000 Emerge alums currently in elected office.
Our Core Values:
At Emerge, diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our mission. We want our team to reflect the incredible diversity of the political power we seek to build. Therefore, we especially encourage applications from people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities and members of other groups who are underrepresented in our political system.
Manage Online Fundraising program
- Manage and oversee the online fundraising program including copy vetting, message management, analysis of results with an eye towards email list growth and increased donor revenue;
- Manage the relationship with Emerge’s online marketing consultant, who is charged with design, creation and implementation of all emails and some social media graphics;
- Manage any roll-out of new digital engagement strategies on online and/or mobile channels;
- Research marketing and digital engagement trends to identify opportunities for Emerge to drive acquisition, retention and advocacy among donors and prospects;
- Regularly collaborate with the communications team on messaging, donor experience on the Emerge web site and PR/Marketing opportunities;
- Assist with creating and managing the annual plan and budget for the online fundraising program while tracking overall results and reporting quarterly on goals;
Manage Offline Fundraising and Cultivation program for Grassroots Donors (<$1000 annually)
- Manage, create, and implement the offline fundraising program for grassroots donors including creative, campaign logistics and backend analysis;
- Manage the cultivation and upgrade process for grassroots donors and prospects;
- Assist with creating and managing the annual plan and budget for the offline grassroots fundraising program. Track overall results and report quarterly on goals;
- Develop fundraising communication materials;
- Work in conjunction with the other development and communication staff on production and distribution of all development materials, including brochures, letters, inserts, invitations, acknowledgements, annual reports, scripts for special events, etc.;
Manage the Emerge Young Leaders program, a group of young professionals in our network who help to fundraise and advocate for Emerge
- Build out systems for recruitment, engagement, and fundraising with this younger demographic;
- Support them in organizing events and hold regular check-ins to guide them in their efforts;
- Work in conjunction with the other staff to promote and support this program.
Serve as a collaborative member of the Development Team
- Work in conjunction with the development team on weekly call time strategies and tools;
- Provide event support for all development events; and
- Support other special projects as needed.
Experience and Qualifications
Emerge is seeking candidates with at least 3-5 years of non-profit development and fundraising experience, ideally in a political setting.
In addition, Emerge is seeking the following specific qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal and relational skills, including competency working cross culturally and in diverse teams to create an equitable and inclusive environment;
- Ability to develop trusted and effective working relationships with diverse constituencies, including boards of directors, staff, donors, volunteers and a diverse array of supporters and stakeholders;
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Experience with multifaceted planning processes;
- Demonstrated flexibility in problem-solving; and
- Proven track record of excellent follow-through and accountability.
Preferred but not required:
- Knowledge of women’s political leadership issues and political experience
- Familiarity with database tools, NGPVAN, Asana, etc. a plus
Emerge offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, and 401k retirement plan. We also offer a generous holiday plan, unlimited PTO, and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of mission-driven people. Salary Range: $60,000-$70,000
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter with the email subject “Development Manager” to email@example.com. In your cover letter, include a description of how your background aligns with this position and an explanation of your interest in women in politics.
Emerge will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. NO CALLS PLEASE.