Emerge America and the Emerge affiliates share one mission: To increase the number of Democratic women leaders from diverse backgrounds in public office through recruitment, training, and providing a powerful network. Our vision: To change the face of power, politics, and leadership in this country in order to have policies that are responsive to all.
As the national umbrella organization, Emerge America’s role is to:
• Elevate the importance of electing more Democratic women at every level of the ballot.
• Empower our current alumnae and affiliates with support and capacity-building.
• Expand our impact by replicating our success in new states.
As we look toward 2020, Emerge America is actively recruiting for a dynamic leader to help us grow our work and expand to new states. The Emerge America Expansion Director based in San Francisco or Washington D.C., reports directly to the President and is a full-time position.
• Maintain new state tracking document to reach new state goals for the organization
• Work with core organizers in new states to launch Emerge programs in new states
• Travel to potential new states to meet with core organizers and Advisory Boards to ensure success while building new Emerge states
• Provide other advice and support, as needed, to new states
• Assist the President and Political Director as needed on special projects.
Experience and Qualifications:
• At least three to five years of relevant experience
• Ability to develop trusted and effective working relationships with diverse and multi-cultural constituencies, including boards of directors, staff, donors, volunteers and a diverse array of supporters and stakeholders
• Strong writing and communication skills;
• Experience with multifaceted planning processes;
• Demonstrated flexibility in problem-solving;
• Proven track record of excellent follow-through and accountability;
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Knowledge of women’s political leadership issues and political experience;
• Familiarity with database tools, NGPVAN, Basecamp, etc. a plus;
• Experience with the Emerge program a plus.
Travel, evening and weekend work are required for this position. In particular, this position requires up to 50% travel. Salary commensurate with experience and benefits provided.
Emerge America is based in San Francisco with an additional office in Washington, D.C., we prefer this position work from one of those two locations.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BY FEBRUARY 20, 2017.
In your cover letter, explain why you would like to join Emerge America and why your skills are appropriate for this position. Please include your salary expectations. Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
. No calls please.
Emerge America is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.