Seeking Development & Marketing Associate
Do you love politics?
Are you passionate about progressive causes?
Would you like to see more Democratic women elected to office?
If you answered yes to all those questions, then this job could be the perfect fit for you!
Emerge America, the nation’s premier organization for recruiting, training and providing a powerful network for Democratic women interested in running for office, is seeking a self-motivated and highly efficient staff person to provide fundraising, administrative, creative and executive support! This is a full-time, entry-level position, and we are looking for someone who is interested in developing their fundraising skills and growing with our organization.
In their primary role, the Development and Marketing Associate will provide support on all fundraising tasks, including organizing fundraising event logistics and preparing necessary materials, maintaining up-to-date donor information and accurate records of all giving, helping to create fundraising mailings and identifying funding prospects. They will also be in charge of maintaining the President’s schedule, as well as providing administrative and office management support.
In addition, the associate will be called on to help design and update fundraising materials. This includes creating collateral and templates for Emerge states, invitations, programs and other printed collateral for fundraising activities, as well as designing infographics and images for social media, as needed. Proficiency on Adobe Creative Suite is a plus!
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Enthusiasm for the advancement of Democratic women in politics
• Excellent follow-through and accountability
• Outstanding organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to create and maintain friendly and professional relationships with staff, key stakeholders and donors
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfortable with being proactive on the telephone
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, basic Excel, and PowerPoint
• Excellent web and technology skills and comfortable learning new technical/computer skills, as they arise
Preferred but not required:
• Experience working in non-profit development and/or political campaigns
• Experience with NGP
• Experience with layout and graphic design
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, in particular)
The Development & Marketing Associate will work out of the Emerge America offices in downtown San Francisco (easily accessible by public transportation). Some evening and weekends will be required for fundraising events, with travel 1-2 times per year.
SALARY AND BENEFIT
Entry-level salary plus benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in women in politics to firstname.lastname@example.org
. In your cover letter, include a description of how your background aligns with this position and if you have any experience with graphic design or Adobe Creative Suite.
Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
NO CALLS PLEASE.
Emerge America strives to reflect the diverse communities that we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.