Scheduler and Assistant to the President
Emerge is fundamentally changing the face of politics in this country by breaking down barriers, opening doors, and creating pathways for Democratic women to get involved in politics. We are the nation’s premier organization that recruits, trains, and provides a powerful network to Democratic women who want to run for office. Since 2002, Emerge has trained more than 5,500 Democratic women to run for office and there are more than 1,200 Emerge alumnae currently in elected office.
Our Core Values:
At Emerge, diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our mission. We want our team to reflect the incredible diversity of the political power we seek to build. Therefore, we especially encourage applications from people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities and members of other groups who are underrepresented in our political system.
We are looking for an outstanding administrative assistant scheduler to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks in our Washington DC office. The ideal candidate will play a critical role in keeping our office a positive, welcoming, and productive environment. Additionally, the administrative assistant will be a trusted partner to the President, Chief Operating Officer, and Director of the President’s Office by providing critical administrative support. This is a full-time, on-site position that will report to the Director of the President’s Office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing day-to-day schedule and priorities for the President—balance short and long-term scheduling priorities, strategically set the calendar, and manage the daily to-do list
- Organize travel by booking accommodation and reservations for the President
- Submit and reconcile expense reports for the President
- Attend meetings with the President and complete errands as necessary
- Serve as notetaker – attend internal and external meetings as assigned, take notes, and track action items and deliverables
- Assisting in special projects – will have the opportunity to help with special projects out of the President’s Office, including, but not limited to, preparing presentations and managing planning processes
- Serve as the receptionist for the office, greeting visitors and handling deliveries
- Help organize and maintain office common areas
- Assist with event and meeting coordination as necessary
- Maintain office supply inventory
- Maintain office equipment such as multi-function printers
- Perform other general office duties as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for this position will be highly organized and highly capable of independently prioritizing tasks and work. While experience in a similar role in the political sector is not required, a commitment to the advancement of Democratic women in politics is.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in a scheduling or executive administrative role (e.g.,
supporting executive-level staff and/or Board of Directors) required
- Eagerness and ability to take on work with a positive attitude with an eye toward the crucial role administrative tasks play in the success of the organization
- Previous scheduling experience preferred
- High degree of maturity and competency in dealing with diverse groups of people
- Superior interpersonal skills, the ability to exercise independent judgment, and a high
degree of diplomacy and confidentiality
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, such as multi-function printers and fax machines
- Highly experienced in the use of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Google Suite including Gmail, Google Calendar, Sheets, Slides, Documents
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Exhibits discretion and possesses the ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Some travel required (local and outside of the DC area)
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, on-site position in Washington DC. The salary range is between $60,000 and $65,000.
Emerge offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, and 401k retirement plan. We also offer an unlimited PTO plan and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of mission-driven people.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter with the email subject “Scheduler and Assistant to the President” to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, include a description of how your background aligns with this position and an explanation of your interest in women in politics.
Emerge will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. NO CALLS PLEASE.