Emerge is changing the face of politics to create an inclusive democracy. We are the nation’s premier organization that recruits, trains, and provides a powerful network to Democratic women who want to run for office. Since 2002, Emerge has trained more than 4,500 Democratic women to run for office and there are more than 1000 Emerge alumnae currently in elected office.
Emerge is seeking a Data Manager to oversee the development and use of the organization’s data systems. The ideal candidate is a fast learner and a collaborative self-starter who loves to build systems and manipulate data to produce actionable metrics for internal and external use. The Data Manager will contribute to our mission in an essential way and have the exciting opportunity to shape a new role. The Data Manager role is a full-time, remote role that reports directly to the Chief of Staff.
At Emerge, diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our mission. We want our team to reflect the incredible diversity of the political power we seek to build. Therefore, we especially encourage applications from people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and members of other groups who are underrepresented in our political system.
Overall Data System Management (35%):
- Perform a data review and audit to assess system performance and make recommendations for software and data storage improvements with the goal of streamlining data systems;
- Work with staff to understand unique database needs and develop solutions for more effective data management;
- Develop and implement procedures and strategies for effective data management;
- Train staff members and ensure proper usage of systems;
- Collaborate with staff to collect and streamline state election tracking data;
- Regularly perform system maintenance to ensure data completeness and integrity;
- Assist with recognizing and upholding digital security systems to protect sensitive information.
Data Software/Tools Management (35%):
- Train and support EveryAction** users in reports, dashboards, searches, Google analytics, A/B testing, the campaign tool, and the stories tool;
- Train staff on daily EveryAction use, answer staff questions, interface between Emerge and EveryAction tech support, and escalate issues where necessary;
- Identify missing data, including demographic and election information, and collect, clean, and import into Poliops and/or EveryAction;
- Identify overlap and conflicts between EveryAction and Poliops data and resolve any conflicts;
- Systematize and automate data reconciliation efforts for efficient updating.
Data analysis (30%):
- Use data visualization, query methods, and dashboards to support senior leadership in strategic decision-making;
- Perform rapid analyses on questions from senior leadership for time-critical responses to donors, journalists, etc.
Experience and Qualifications:
Technical qualifications and experience:
- At least two years of experience in a similar position, ideally in both nonprofit and/or political settings;
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including vlookup, pivot tables, and nested formulas.
- Ability to decipher and organize large amounts of data.
Personal and professional characteristics:
- An analytical mindset with superb communication and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to translate complex problems clearly and in nontechnical terms;
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and mission-driven environment;
- Maintains friendly and professional relationships with staff, partners, and stakeholders from a rich mix of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and socioeconomic status and backgrounds;
- Understands and supports the mission of Emerge;
- Enthusiastic about the advancement of Democratic women in politics.
Preferred technical knowledge (a plus but not required):
- Math and/or statistical backgroundStatistical analysis languages such as RXML
- RESTful APIs
**EveryAction/NGP is Emerge’s primary online CRM. Emerge also uses a custom-built alumna and election tracking database in QuickBase. While hands-on knowledge of managing EveryAction is a plus, a qualified candidate can also be trained on the job. This would require experience with other database systems, programming, and/or statistical analysis tools.
Benefits and Salary
Emerge offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, and 401k retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO plan and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of mission-driven people. Salary Range: $70,000-$80,000
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter with the email subject “Emerge Data Manager Application” to email@example.com. In your cover letter, include a description of how your background aligns with this position and an explanation of your interest in women in politics.
Emerge will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. NO CALLS PLEASE.
We do not discriminate on the basis of gender diversity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabilities, religion, age, education, citizenship status, or socioeconomic status. Emerge is an anti-racist space with a lived equality and an inclusive workspace where we work to center equity, justice, diversity, and accessibility.