*Hiring now for Spring 2019*
Top 4 Reasons to Join the Emerge America Team:
Emerge America recruits, trains and provides a powerful network for Democratic women interested in running for office. Emerge is the only in-depth, six-month training program that inspires women to run and gives them the tools to win. We have affiliates across the country and our mission is to increase the number of Democratic women in all levels of public office. We’re a great team to join. Here’s why:
- Hands on experience. This is not a ‘pick up my coffee’ kind of internship. You will get the chance to play an integral role with fundraising, event planning, affiliate management, and communications. You will gain an understanding of the democratic platform, have the opportunity to learn strategies for getting women to run for office and win, and have exposure to a wide network of politically engaged individuals.
- We want you to thrive. At Emerge America you will be an important member of a national network that is transforming the face of American politics. You will receive mentorship and training that will help you to hone your ability to build a diverse and robust network. You will have the opportunity to participate in political events such as fundraisers and discussions, and to learn industry skills.
- Hours are flexible. We ask our Emerge America interns commit 20 hours per week. Internship applicants must be current students.
- This is a paid internship. Stipends range between $2,000- $4,000. More info will be given during interview round.
Qualities you should possess:
- Passion for the advancement of women in politics,
- Eagerness to participate in and learn the ins and outs of a political organization,
- Be a proactive problem solver,
- A willingness to learn.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Familiar with general office operations,
- Professional and clear communication skills,
- Comfortable speaking over the phone,
- Familiar with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and/or LinkedIn,
- Comfortable with technology.
Does this sound like you? If so, apply here!
If you do not have gmail or a gsuite account, please submit a pdf resume, pdf writing sample (max two pages) and pdf cover letter indicating the office (SF or DC) and semester you are interested in working at to email@example.com with the subject line “(Your Name) National Internship Program)”.
*Please note that we are currently only hiring for Spring 2019*
Emerge America will not be able to respond to all applicants. NO CALLS PLEASE.
Emerge America strives to reflect the diverse communities that we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.