Executive Director of Emerge Louisiana
Founded in 2017, Emerge Louisiana is the premier political leadership training organization for Democratic women in Louisiana. Our mission is to recruit, train, and inspire Democratic women to pursue public office at the local, state and national levels through our 6-month campaign-training program. Emerge Louisiana is an affiliate of Emerge America, a national organization currently working in 18 states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin.
For more information about Emerge Louisiana, please visit: http://www.emergeamerica.org/EmergeLA
OPPORTUNITY FOR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
We are seeking a highly motivated, talented, and entrepreneurial individual to serve as the full time Executive Director. The ED reports to the Chair of the Board of Directors and works with state board members to achieve organizational goals. The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: fundraising and budget management, program implementation, class recruitment, board management, and support for program members and alumnae.
The Executive Director will organize and facilitate Emerge Louisiana’s flagship training program and is responsible for building and maintaining the organizational infrastructure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Program & Communications
· Recruit and inspire Democratic women to run for office;
· Execute our flagship 6-month campaign training, including managing all training logistics, scheduling, recruiting and preparing trainers;
· Support and engage Emerge Louisiana alumnae to further our mission;
· Serve as spokesperson for the organization;
· Manage all external communication for the organization;
· Represent the organization at coalition meetings and with partner organizations; and
· Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
Fundraising & Administration
· Manage day-to-day operations for the organization;
· Direct all fundraising efforts, with Board involvement, including: event management, donor solicitation; Board and Advisory Council efforts, regular email solicitation, and mailings;
· Cultivate and maintain relations with donors; and
· Administer the organization’s database.
· Build and manage relationships with the Board of Directors and oversee all board governance, including scheduling and preparing for board meetings, participating in board recruitment, development, and training, and managing all board committees;
· Develop a vision and strategic plan to advance the organization’s mission to train;
· Ensure that Emerge Louisiana is actively participating with our national affiliate, Emerge America; and
· Identify opportunities to expand programmatic offerings to support the mission of Emerge Louisiana.
· Bachelor’s Degree is required;
· Demonstrated commitment to Democratic ideals;
· Strong fundraising skills and organizational skills;
· Passion for and knowledge of women’s political leadership issues and political campaigns;
· Comfort with public speaking and excellent written and oral communications;
· Experience working on a political campaign;
· Minimum of 5 years relevant professional work experience;
· Ability to develop trusted and effective working relationships with diverse constituencies, including boards of directors, staff, donors, elected officials, volunteers and an array of supporters and stakeholders;
· Effective multi-tasking abilities and efficiency in time management;
· Ability to work independently and self-motivate;
· Ability to oversee the strategic planning process, including the development of measurable goals, and implementation of the strategic plan;
· Non-profit management experience in some of the following functions: boards of directors, budgets, administrative functions, program development and fundraising.
JOB SCHEDULE AND LOCATION
· Based in Louisiana – work from home (location negotiable);
· In-state travel is required;
· Valid driver’s license and vehicle required; and
· Flexible work hours, including weekend and evenings hours.
$50,000 – $60,000, commensurate with experience, plus health, dental and vision benefits.
Emerge Louisiana is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, sexual orientation/identity, or disability.
For consideration, please submit a thoughtful cover letter, resume, and three professional references by the close of business
on June 23, 2017 to email@example.com.