Emerge America’s Summer Internship Program (San Francisco Office)
Top 3 Reasons to Join the Emerge America Team:
Emerge America recruits, trains and provides a powerful network for Democratic women interested in running for office. Emerge is the only in-depth, six-month training program that inspires women to run and gives them the tools to win. We have affiliates in 18 states, our mission is to increase the number of Democratic women in all levels of public office. We currently have 154 alumnae running for office. We’re a great team to join. Here’s why.
- Hands on experience. This is not a ‘pick up my coffee’ kind of internship. You will get the chance to play an integral role with fundraising, event planning, and communications. You will gain an understanding of the democratic platform, have the opportunity to learn strategies for getting women to run for office and win, and have exposure to a wide network of politically engaged individuals.
- We want you to thrive. At Emerge America you will be an important member of a national network that is transforming the face of American politics. You will receive mentorship from our senior staff, and training that will help you to hone your ability to build a diverse and robust network. You will have the opportunity to participate in political events such as fundraisers and discussions, and to learn industry skills.
- Flexibility. Our participant must commit 20 hours per week from mid to late May through August 2017. Our office is located at 44 Montgomery Street in San Francisco. Hours are flexible. Internship applicants must be current students.
Qualities you should possess:
- Passion for the advancement of women in politics.
- Eagerness to participate in, and learn the ins and outs of a political organization.
- Be a proactive problem solver.
- A willingness to learn.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Familiar with general office operations;
- Professional and clear communication skills;
- Comfortable speaking over the phone;
- Familiar with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and/or LinkedIn;
- Comfortable with technology.
Does this sound like you? If so, apply here!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a thoughtful letter of interest and a resume. Please write “Your Name -San Francisco Summer Internship ” in the subject line. No phone calls please. This internship is unpaid.
Emerge America is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, and differently-abled people are strongly encouraged to apply.