Emerge America and the Emerge affiliates share one mission: To increase the number of Democratic women leaders from diverse backgrounds in public office through recruitment, training, and providing a powerful network. Our vision: To change the face of power, politics, and leadership in this country in order to have policies that are responsive to all.
As the national umbrella organization, Emerge America’s role is to:
• Elevate the importance of electing more Democratic women at every level of the ballot.
• Empower our current alumnae and affiliates with support and capacity-building.
• Expand our impact by replicating our success in new states.
Emerge America is seeking a person with high energy, ability to multi-task and incredible attention to detail to assist with our mission. This position contains both high level and low level tasks and requires a sense of humor, absolute professionalism, and a high ‘good sport’ quotient. Reporting directly to the President, all of the duties described below will contribute to our mission in an essential way.
• Provide administrative and project support to the President of the organization; assist in all organizational tasks, as needed
• Maintain the President’s schedule, which includes handling all logistics for meetings and travel plans, both in San Francisco and nationwide
• Prepare President for all meetings, develop briefing materials, research, and presentations etc.
• Assist President with all meeting follow up
• Coordinate meetings and calls with the Board of Directors and send out board communications and materials
• Provide support on all fundraising tasks
• Maintain call sheets and ensure that NGP is updated with all relevant donor information
• Acknowledge donations and maintain accurate records of all giving
• Identify funding prospects and conduct donor prospect research
• Pull contribution reports and contact lists from NGP
• Staff call time with the President as needed
• Work with board members to track and meet their fundraising requirements
• Assist in creating and disseminating annual appeals and other fundraising mailings
• Organize fundraising event logistics and prepare necessary materials
• Help develop events and salons
• Keep track of amount raised and pledges for events; create final fundraising reports
• Help communicate with and follow up with donors as needed
• Maintain office supplies
• Open and prioritize mail
• Answer main Emerge telephone
• Support maintenance of computer filing systems
• Perform basic accounting tasks, such as documenting and submitting deposits, reimbursements, and receipts
• Create and follow up on invoices as needed
• Create and maintain excellent filing and administrative systems
• Other tasks as needed
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Enthusiasm for the advancement of Democratic women in politics
• Proven track record of excellent follow-through and accountability
• Outstanding organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize tasks and keep track of multiple projects
• Ability to create and maintain friendly and professional relationships with staff, key stakeholders, and donors
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to think creatively and work independently
• Excellent time management skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Excellent web and technology skills and comfort trouble-shooting with technology
• Comfortable learning new technical/computer skills, as they arise
Preferred but not required:
• A minimum of 1 year of full time work experience in an office
• Experience working in non-profit development
• Experience working on a campaign
• Experience with NGP
JOB SCHEDULE AND LOCATION
The Administrative Assistant will work in the Emerge America offices from 9-5:30, Monday through Friday. Some evening and weekends will be required for fundraising events, with travel 1-2 times per year. This is not a position that allows for telecommuting. The Emerge America office is located in downtown San Francisco and is very accessible by public transportation.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Entry-level salary plus benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
. In your cover letter, include a) a description of how your background aligns with this position b) an explanation of your interest in women in politics and c) your salary expectations.
Emerge America will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. NO CALLS PLEASE.
Emerge America strives to reflect the diverse communities that we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.